Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dealing With Drama :: Guys

"I don't get it. Guys say that girls are complicated, have they met themselves?" -piece of flair on Facebook

I love it when random things you read while wasting time come in handy. Yes, we girls are complicated. I'm not debating that point. But guys can be just as complicated. (Any guy that would be willing to debate this point can leave a comment on this post.) Most guys don't intentionally cause drama. It just happens, especially when a girl likes a guy! Now, I am the furthest thing from an expert on this subject, but here are some things I've learned recently about minimizing guy drama:

  • If he likes you, he'll let you know. I have learned ONE thing about guys this year, and that is when a guy likes you, he WILL make it known. He may not come right out and say "I like you, will you go out with me?" right away, but there are other ways he'll show his feelings. He'll try to get in contact with you as often as possible through phone calls, texts, IM, or Facebook. Or some combination of the 4!! If you have a part-time job and he knows it, he might stop in "just to say hi".
  • If you are interested back, encourage him! Answer the phone when he calls. Text him back. Reply to his wall post or IM. If he's dropping hints that you should come by his work "sometime", then do it! If he's truly interested in you, he will love the fact that you took the time to come say hey to him.
  • If you're NOT interested, don't string him along. Enough said. But let him down gently.
  • Do. Not. Obsess. It just causes more drama. Put the phone down. Log off of Facebook. Go out for a walk or run. Hit Starbucks or the mall with your (girl) friends. Having a staring contest with your phone is not going to make him reply any faster, and being on Facebook until midnight will not make him log on any sooner. (I'm preaching to myself here.) Don't text him 9345798 times asking "Where are you? Are you ok? Why haven't you messaged me today?!". Think: Would you like it if a guy was doing that to you?
  • Alcohol is never a good addition to the mix. When out with a guy (on a date or just as friends), stay sober. Thank you Ellen for the reminder!!
  • Just be yourself. I can hear the groans now. I know we've been hearing this since middle school, but it's so true! Don't change who you are or what you believe for a guy. I don't care how much of a cutie he is. If he can't accept you for you, then he's not worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment