Thursday, December 16, 2010

almond hot chocolate!

I've been on an almond milk kick lately. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a real dairy (yogurt/ice cream/cheese) kind of girl, but I'm really starting to like almond milk. Tonight, I decided to see how well it worked with my very favorite hot cocoa mix...


Verdict? DELICIOUS. The almond milk is thicker and creamier than regular milk, which made for a rich hot chocolate. I put too much of the Ghiradelli in (2 tbsp, which, according to the package is only half a serving, believe it or not), so I ended up with some lumps at the bottom. I will only add 1 tbsp next time.

Recipe:
1 c almond milk
1 tbsp Ghiradelli double chocolate cocoa mix (you can try 2 tbsp if you like)


Heat milk in microwave. It will probably take a little longer than regular milk. Mix in cocoa. Drink! Yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment