- Find out what restaurant you're going to ahead of time and Google it. Most restaurants now post their menus and nutrition info online, so you can browse and know what you're getting into. I like to pick 2 options off the online menu and then pick whichever one I have a taste for when I get to the restaurant.
- Modify your dish!! If you see a dish you like, but don't like the side/dressing/toppings/whatever, ask for it to be left out or replaced with something else. If a restaurant you like tends to add too much dressing to a salad, ask for it on the side.
- Lay off the cocktails. Alcohol has calories - empty calories. You're not gonna get any nutritional value from it. If you must drink, make it a once in a while treat, and limit yourself to ONE drink.
- Don't be afraid of your sweet tooth. If you're with a group and you want dessert, split something. All you have to do is ask for multiple spoons/forks to be brought with the dessert. You satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your quest to be healthy!
- If you're overly stuffed, take a SLOW walk around the local mall/park after your meal. You'll feel better.
Sunday, June 27, 2010
Friday, June 25, 2010
Apparently, my DVR (which is set to record all new episodes) has marked the reruns showing on Fox on Thursdays as "New Episodes". I discovered this last night and I'm not complaining. ;)
Some eats this week:
I ran out of cranberries. Boo. Thankfully, 1/4 c Yogurt Cheerios + 1 tbsp raisins make a great mock trail mix to munch on during class. (Excuse the Ziploc bag logo. Once again, not so great food picture taking skills. Working on it. :p )
I just discovered Stonyfield has CHOCOLATE Oikos in 4 packs. Why have I not seen this at my grocery store yet?? I will find it. ;)
I prefer the Hazelnut Latte flavor. But the Wild Blueberry Muffin flavor is still good.
Oh, and about 928375983 strawberries (unpictured). :)
Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Ok, maybe it is. ;p (Excuse my bad food picture-taking skills.)
But that's not milk chocolate underneath the marshmallow. Nope. Those are Ghiradelli dark chocolate chips. And let me tell you, it was just as delicious as a regular milk chocolate s'more.
Tuesday, June 22, 2010
What do y'all think? Personally, I agree. I think taking "study breaks" to exercise last semester helped me pass my hardest class, accounting. When studying for an exam, I'd take 3 or 4 10-20 minute breaks to do a little Pilates, a little bit of power walking, that kind of thing. It worked - I did a lot better in accounting than I thought!!
And now that I've posted that, it's back to my economics study coma.
Economics...I will defeat you!!
Saturday, June 19, 2010
It's a little on the short side (33 min.), so I'll normally tack on 5-10 minutes of extra power walking. I like this DVD because it's not just power walking (which can be boring)...it has some easy kickboxing moves in it...yay variety! Haha. I've found that I get even more of a workout when I mute the DVD and put my iPod on instead!
Some eats this week:
Mmm...peach and pomegranate. Need I say more?
Lots of those...sensing the fruit theme yet??
Whoops, how did THAT get in here? ;)
Ok, it wasn't vanilla ice cream, it was chocolate frozen yogurt, and it was delicious. ;)
Monday, June 14, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Hmm. I probably should. Especially since I've been ignoring it all weekend. I went on a mini vacation and I brought it along, meaning to do it. Did I? Nope, not at all. ;)
Artist: Britt Nicole
Album: Say It (2007)
I need another vacation.
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
Yes, I really do sneak these during class. Shhh. Haha.
Monday, June 7, 2010
Friday, June 4, 2010
Wednesday, June 2, 2010
Fast breakfast idea of the week:
2 frozen waffles
1 c pineapple chunks
Cook waffles. Top with pineapple chunks. Drizzle a little of the pineapple juice on top. No sugary syrup required!