- Find out what restaurant you're going to ahead of time and Google it. Most restaurants now post their menus and nutrition info online, so you can browse and know what you're getting into. I like to pick 2 options off the online menu and then pick whichever one I have a taste for when I get to the restaurant.
- Modify your dish!! If you see a dish you like, but don't like the side/dressing/toppings/whatever, ask for it to be left out or replaced with something else. If a restaurant you like tends to add too much dressing to a salad, ask for it on the side.
- Lay off the cocktails. Alcohol has calories - empty calories. You're not gonna get any nutritional value from it. If you must drink, make it a once in a while treat, and limit yourself to ONE drink.
- Don't be afraid of your sweet tooth. If you're with a group and you want dessert, split something. All you have to do is ask for multiple spoons/forks to be brought with the dessert. You satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your quest to be healthy!
- If you're overly stuffed, take a SLOW walk around the local mall/park after your meal. You'll feel better.
To America We Go
6 years ago