- How did you manage that?
- I am super jealous. Haha.
A lot of us do have to work part time through college, which can open up a whole new can of worms: WORK DRAMA! Here are just a few tips to help you minimize work drama:
- Make friends with your coworkers and do what your managers/supervisors tell you (unless, obviously, it's illegal).
- If you absolutely cannot make friends with your coworkers, bring a book or your iPod with you to keep you occupied on breaks.
- If you decide to go out with a few of your coworkers one night after work, make sure you stay sober and alert. The last thing you need is for something you did the night before to be all over the office the next morning!
- Stay out of the office gossip mill. As tempting as it might be to spread around what one of your coworkers did the night before, avoid it at all costs, especially if you were not there. If you weren't there, you don't know the whole story.
- If you end up not liking your job, but can't find another one, live by this mantra: Go to work, do your job, and go home. It's just a part-time job, not your chosen career.